Lamb Burgers with Fresh Herbs
Happy Memorial Day! Enjoy and celebrate with some fresh grilled Lamb burgers.
- 1 ¼ pounds ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme or mint
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pita bread or rolls such as Kaiser
- Plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber, seeded and grated or minced
Mix first ten ingredients, then shape into about four patties and chill in the refrigerator 30 minutes or more. Grill over charcoal or gas flame until cooked medium. Serve in pita bread or on rolls with the fluff scooped out, topped with dollops of the yogurt spiked with the cucumber.