Letting Anyone Drive Your Car…What’s The Risk?
Should you let anyone drive your car, including friends and family, drive your car?
You should consider the following questions before letting ANYONE drive your car:
- How well do you know them?
- Are they generally responsible?
- Do they have a good driving record?
- How long, or how far will they be driving the car?
- At what times of the day/night will they be operating your car?
- Have they ever had an accident?
- Will they let anyone else operate the vehicle?
Lending out your car can be tricky business, because one accident could put you at risk for a liability claim, or lawsuit, as well as tarnish your loss-free record and potentially increase your insurance rates.
So, make sure anyone driving your car follows safe driving habits.