Recipe: Berries and Cream Shortcake
Be a great host and serve this quick dessert to your Fourth of July guests! Happy Independence Day!
- 2 cups strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon Kirsch (optional)
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits (6 biscuits)
- Melted butter for brushing
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Mix all berries in a bowl with sugar and liqueur and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Meanwhile, arrange biscuits on a cookie sheet, brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake according to package instructions. Remove from oven and cool.
In a bowl, whip the cream with a handheld mixer until foamy. Add sugar gradually and whip until soft peaks form. Stir in vanilla and set aside.
To serve, cut biscuits in half and spoon some of the berry mixture onto the bottom half. Add a dollop of whipped cream and cover with the top half. Top with more whipped cream.