Recipe: Coconut Curry with Fall Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 3 cups bite-sized fall vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, squash, etc.)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried chili flakes to taste (optional)
Heat oil in a medium-sized pot. Add garlic, onion, ginger, turmeric and curry. Cook until soft. Add veggies. Stir until they’re slightly cooked and beginning to turn brown.
Add coconut milk and water, mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving over steamed rice.