Recipe: Cucumber Pork
A fresh and tasty dish after holiday excesses!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, white parts cut into ¼-inch lengths
- ¾-pound pork sirloin cutlets cut into ¼-inch strips
- 16 snow peas
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch strips
Heat the oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
Add garlic, red pepper flakes and salt. Cook for 30 seconds, then add green onions, pork and snow peas.
Cook for 5 minutes, while stirring, until the pork is no longer pink. Combine the sugar, vinegar, and broth and add to the mixture in the skillet along with the cucumber.
Toss and cook until ingredients are heated through, but don’t overcook. Serve over rice.