Six Ways to Save on Gas Mileage This Summer
Don’t let fluctuating gas prices crash your road-trip plans. Use the following tips to spend less on gas, save on gas mileage, and have more cash for that summer journey.
- Drive at the right time. Cooler air can increase your car’s power.
- Pack light. Heavier cars require more power, and that requires more gas.
- Drive safely and carefully. Conserve energy by driving the speed limit and stopping gradually. Stop-and-go driving isn’t good for you or your fellow travelers.
- Crank the air conditioner. Driving with the windows down causes more drag on the engine.
- Consider renting an energy-efficient vehicle for long trips.
- Incorporate cycling or public transit in your vacation plans. You’ll save money, get exercise, and see more of your destination.