Strawberry Pistachio Bruschetta
Serves up to 8 as an appetizer
- 1 baguette, sliced into ½ inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup shelled salted pistachios
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 tablespoon balsamic glaze (store bought or homemade)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450°. Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet, oiled side down. Place in oven until slightly browned around the edges, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Lower oven temperature to 350° and toast pistachios until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer to a cutting board. Let them cool down before roughly chopping.
Place toasted baguette slices on a platter, oiled side up, and spread a thin, even layer of goat cheese on each slice. Arrange strawberry slices on top, drizzle with balsamic glaze, sprinkle with chopped pistachios, and finish with black pepper.