Traveling into Canada? Read this First!

Driving in Canada is similar to driving in many parts of the United States.

Distances and speeds, however, are posted in kilometers per hour.

Some signs, particularly in Quebec, may only be in French.

A valid U.S. driver’s license is valid for visitors in Canada. 

Proof of auto insurance is required.

U.S. auto insurance is accepted as long as an individual is a tourist in Canada. 

U.S. insurance companies will issue a Canadian insurance card, which should be obtained and carried prior to driving into Canada.

For specific information concerning Canadian driving permits, mandatory insurance and entry regulations, please contact:

Page Insurance, Ltd

(203) 453-5258